Better late then never!
This past weekend, the Mustangs competed at the Pete Moss Benzie Invitational. The team was able to bring 10 Mustangs to the meet (restrictions due to Covid), running as part of a 7 team heat with 7 heats being spread over Friday and Saturday. The meet was managed exceptionally well, our heat was STACKED with Top talent.
Our heat consisted of
- East Grand Rapids (Division 2 state champs and pre season #2 in the state)
- Birmingham Seaholm (Division 1 power house and pre season top 10 in division 1)
- Grand Rapids Christian (Division 2 #12 in 2019)
- FHN Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern (Division 1 Projected top 25)
- Jenison ( Division 1 #13 in 2019)
- Bloomfield Hills Marian ( Division 2 Top 25 in 2019)
We finished 4th in our Heat Beating FHN GR Forest Hills Northern, Jenison and Lowell and 8th overall (48 girls teams)
Running with such talented girls, our Mustangs Ran well. We had 4 girls run PR’s, 2 girls run near PR’s, 2 freshman run exceptionally well and a group of upperclassmen do an exception job of leading our girls.
In addition, for the first time ever (in the history of Marian Cross Country), our team had 7 Girls run under 22:03 and 6 Girls run under 21:59. This shows Great depth and a true commitment to summer training and base building.
How our girls ran
- Maya Harb 20:09
- Erin Siver 20:27
- Isa Agrusso 20:49 (PR)
- Ainslie Vanneste 21:00
- Bella Prezzato 21:27 (Near PR)
- Molly O’Brien 21:51 (PR)
- Regan O’Brien 22:03 (Near PR)
- Annie Kindseth 22:45
- Melanie Audet 23:06 (PR)
- Faye Stover 24:27 (PR)
Hard work = Success! Keep it up.